Health Minister Michelle Thompson says the only way Nova Scotia will be able tackle health-care worker shortages is through immigration and, for that reason, the government wants to streamline the licensing process for people moving to the province from outside Canada.
- N.S. aims to streamline licensing process for nurses, doctors trained outside Canada
- Major immigration backlog in Canada leaving thousands of trained health-care professionals on the sidelines
- Canada’s Provincial Immigration Ministers Urge Ottawa To Boost Their Allocation To Fill Jobs
- Canada’s ArriveCAN Criticized For Causing Travel Delays
- Proof Point: Canada’s labour shortages will outlive a recession